Saturday, January 9, 2010

It took me a long time...


At several people's request, I am writing here--in a generally non-narrative way, aside from the narrative form that biographical life tends to take when we talk about it--to chronicle this great trip I'm about to take. It took a long time to plan, underwent countless morphs in itinerary (right up until this week!), and truth be told, I still don't feel like I'm packed and ready to go. That feeling will arrive on the car ride to the airport, when there's no grabbing just one more thing to pack, no deliberating on whether it will be better to bring this thing versus that one. When I packed for Sydney the first time, it was 3am before a 9am flight, and I was mildly tipsy. And it all worked out just fine.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sending me your blog! i am already enjoying your trip:-) dumb and dumber??? jajaja, no way, what a flash back that was... i could picture you ariving at the hostel with no ac and broken elevator and thought "that is a warm welcome"! the best feeling i can share from my experience leaving home, is the one when headding to the airport with no chance of changing anything in the suitcase, just headded out! so cool you are taking this trip! but why isn't mexico in your itinerary??? i will keap on reading! lots of huggs for you honey, chau

    ReplyDelete