Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mom's arrived!


I got up extra early yesterday. I couldn't sleep, because the only place I wanted to be was at the airport to meet my arriving visitor. The best visitor! Mom... Aw....

She got here safe and sound, we had the best hug ever at the airport, and she has been raring to go ever since! I am actually in disbelief. I have done this East Coast-to-Sydney thing many times, and I am always falling asleep at 5pm, losing things, saying things backwards. It's very difficult to adjust to a 14 hour time difference. But after only one coffee (one coffee!), she walked half the city in 90 degree heat, attended a parade, and stayed upbeat until we fell asleep after midnight. No jetlag here! Unbelievable.

I've already taken her to King's Cross, the Botanical Gardens, the Opera House, the CBD, Chinatown (where we watched the New Year's Twilight Parade. All parades should be at twilight! So lovely for all involved), and into Darlinghurst. She woke up before I did today, and we are off to an art gallery, and then to do the famed Coogee to Bondi cliff walk. One of my very favorite parts of this city.

I am so excited to share this place I love with mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment